ICEX releases “Investment trends and records in Spain” Report (February 2020 Edition)
ICEX – Invest in Spain has just released the last edition of Report “Investment trends and récords in Spain” (February 2020 Edition)
The report includes information about the Spanish economy and conditions for investment in Spain. I also includes data on foreign investment in Spain from sources such as investments registration, FDI Markets and UNCTAD.
1. World’s 13th largest economy and the 4th largest economy in the EU: GDP worth 1.4 trillion USD.
2. 11th largest exporter of commercial services worldwide and 16th ranked exporter of merchandise trade in 2018.
3. 2nd country worldwide in international tourist arrivals and in receipts (1st in Europe). More than 83 million international tourists in 2019 and the expenditure reached 92,278 million euros.
4. 13th largest economy in terms of accumulated inward FDI stock [659 Billion US$] and 13th in outward FDI stock in the world in 2018.
5. Total population of 47 million. 5 million are foreign born.
6. 22 of the biggest Spanish companies have entries in Forbes Global 2000 largest companies in the world.
International Export Services from Spain -excluding Tourism- to third markets reached more than 67 Billion € in 2018.
More than 120 Billion € including Tourism. • According to WTO Spain ranks 11th Worldwide.
Spain is the 3rd Greenfield Investment location in Europe according to FDI Markets Financial Times.
According to FDI Markets, in 2019 (Jan.-Nov.) :
• Spain is the world´s 3rd greenfield destination
• Spain is the world´s 4th destination of foreign innovative and high-end greenfield activities
Over 14,000 foreign companies in Spain across all economic sectors. 70 of the FORBES Top 100 companies have branches and 90 out of 100 top R&D Companies has a subsidiary according to Thomson Reuters.
Click here to Access the full Report by ICEX.