Investment trends and records in Spain: June 2018 Edition (ICEX – Invest in Spain)
ICEX-Invest in Spain has just released the June 2018 Edition of the report with information about the Spanish economy and conditions for investment in Spain. The report include data on foreign investment in Spain from sources such as investments registration, FDI Markets and UNCTAD. This are some of the main figures included in the report:
– World’s 14th largest economy and the 5th largest economy in the EU: GDP worth 1.2 trillion USD.
– 11th largest exporter of commercial services worldwide and 16th ranked exporter of merchandise trade in 2016.
– 2nd country worldwide in international tourist arrivals and in receipts (1st in Europe). More than 82 million international tourists in 2017.
– 13th largest economy in terms of accumulated inward FDI stock [556 Billion US$] and 12th in outward FDI stock in the world in 2016.
– Total population of 46.5 million. 4.4 million are foreign born.
– 23 of the biggest Spanish companies have entries in Forbes Global 2000 largest companies in the world.
Quality of life in Spain
– Open and friendly society to foreign investors and tourists
– 40.3% of our tourists have visited Spain ten or more times in their lifetime. 82% are repeat visitors.
– Spain is the second safest Country in the EU only after Austria according to Eurostat and Audit Commission. Outstanding and modern Health System with very high standards. Open to expatriates. – Spain ranks 10th World Country in Health infrastructure and 4th with longer Healthy Life Expectancy (WCY2016).
– 2nd country in the world in terms of UNESCO World Heritage Sites (42 sites). Historical cities, Monuments and leading Museums. 2 nd country in Europe in Natural Areas and Natural spaces declared UNESCO Biosphere Reserves (42, only behind USA with 47). 2 nd country, behind USA, in receiving foreign golf tourists, with 431 courses. More than 120 Spa Resorts. More than 300 days of sunshine a year and more than 2,000 km of Green Tracks; various Skiing facilities; rural activities.
– More than 648 Spain Blue Flags Eco-Label Record: Beaches Spain (551), Greece (393), Turkey (383), France (365) and Portugal (280)
– First class Gastronomy recognized all around the world.