Investment trends and records in Spain (report by ICEX)
ICEX (Invest in Spain) has just issued the report “Investment trends and records in Spain”, which contains information about the Spanish economy and conditions for investment in Spain. The report include data on foreign investment in Spain from sources such as investments registration, FDI Markets and UNCTAD. In this sense, Spain is nowadays a key Player in the World Economy. These are some of the main figures and conclusions of the report:
– World’s 14th largest economy and the 5th largest economy in the EU: GDP worth 1.2 trillion USD.
– 11th largest exporter of commercial services worldwide and 16th ranked exporter of merchandise trade in 2016.
– 2nd country worldwide in international tourist arrivals and in receipts (1st in Europe). More than 82 million international tourists in 2017.
– 13th largest economy in terms of accumulated inward FDI stock [556 Billion US$] and 12th in outward FDI stock in the world in 2016.
– Total population of 46.5 million. 4.4 million are foreign born.
– 23 of the biggest Spanish companies have entries in Forbes Global 2000 largest companies in the world.
– Spain has generated 36.6% of all the employment created in the Euro Area since 2014.
– The International analysis shows that Spain is a country with relatively moderate ratio between Tax Revenues (Including Social Security Contributions ) and GDP (34.4% GDP).
– International Export Services from Spain -excluding Tourism- to third markets reached more than 61.9 Billion € in 2016. More than 115 Billion € including Tourism.
– According to WTO Spain ranks 11th Worldwide.
– Over 12,500 foreign companies in Spain across all economic sectors. 70 of the FORBES Top 100 companies have branches and 90 out of 100 top R&D Companies has a subsidiary according to Thomson Reuters.